Tuesday 5 March 2019

Some Changes on Here to Come


Just before a quarter to four on Monday May 7, 2012 I posted by first posting on my thomaskeane1973 blog page, a review of the first round of games in that year’s County Senior Hurling Championship.

In the weeks, months and years since then I have posted many times on matters pertaining to not just the Waterford Senior Hurling and Football teams, but the different club championships in Waterford and more importantly to me, I have reported on Waterford Ladies Football and Camogie teams, getting to see the then Intermediate teams in both codes win All-Ireland Finals and to see them give more than a fair account of themselves playing against more experienced teams in the senior grade since then.

Over the past near seven years now I have noticed that just under 303,000 people have a look at what I have had to say. I am not someone that goes out to look for a reaction to what I have to say, but when people of their own accord come up and ask am I Thomas Keane that does the blogging and tell me that they enjoy reading what I have to say, it is nice to hear what they have to say.

Equally as nice is when I might make an error in what I have to say, maybe giving a wrong name and people get on to me in a nice way pointing out the error which once pointed out I will always try and correct as soon as I can. When this happens it give me an idea of who is reading what I have to say, and it is particularly nice when it is a leading player at club or county level, as once more it shows that they reading what I have to say about them, and I hope that they find it is always positive.

Recently a member of an Inter County backroom team came up to me one day in Dungarvan thanking me for the coverage that I give the women’s teams in particular which was nice when it happened out of the blue.

Thank you to each and every one of you that has taken the time over the past near seven years to have a look at what I have to say when I post.

With the past few weeks I have been thinking about the blog. Up to now thomaskeane1973 was all about the G.A.A. at club level, at inter county level, and not just about the men’s games.

I have decided that from now on that thomaskeane1973 will not just be about the G.A.A. I am going to try and point out a few things that I spot while out and about. I am going to try and change people’s way of thinking to the way people have towards disabled people, and how able bodied people can make things a little easier for disabled people. For those that don’t know, I am disabled from birth myself so I will have a fair idea what I am talking about when I do this.

I hope that people continue to read what I have to say in the numbers they have going forward. Each time I put a new posting on my blog I will always put a posting about it on my thomaskeane1973 Facebook page, which should automatically go onto my thomaskeane1973 Twitter page, but unfortunately not all postings do, but about 95% of them do.

          Again thank you to all who have taken the time to read what I have had to say over the past few years and I hope you continue to do so going into the future. As I say I always put posting’s on my thomaskeane1973 Facebook page and will from now on every so often on my own private page (is that what you would call it) and hopefully they will also go onto the twitter page.

          If you think that there are people that might not have heard of my Social Media pages and they might be interested in what I have to say, don’t be afraid to send then an invitation to like the pages.

          Unfortunately while most of the feedback is good, there is some that take offence with what I have to say. One think i never do is set out to offend anyone on social media. I give an honest view on how I see things. Sadly there is some that don’t seem to like freedom of speech, but we can’t do anything about these people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.